Dr. Mark Hyman, for instance, was a practicing medical doctor when he became so sick with chronic pain, fatigue, digestive problems, and other ailments and his peers could not help him. He was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and the like and took his health in his own hands to heal himself. What he learned about the healing power of foods has made him one of the most sought after functional medicine doctors in the world. The Cleveland Clinic hired him to run their new Center for Functional Medicine, "the first academic medical center in the United States to embrace functional medicine."
Here are a list of summits I've watched/listened to and will be watching/listening to (Already Played, Currently Playing, Playing Soon):
- The Thyroid Secret - Read my quick review of it here.
- The Sweet Freedom Summit - Sugar is more addicting than cocaine and may be the reason you are overweight, fatigued, depressed, and just plain sick. And sugar is in everything - even foods marketed as healthy. Learn the strategy to end your sugar addiction for good! Interviews conducted by the beautiful Sherry Strong, Return to Food CEO & Founder.
- The Global Stress Summit - We're all overwhelmed and burned out, but did you know stress can be healthy for you? This summit gives you the knowledge and resources to adapt to challenges in an effective way. Interviews conducted by the very talented Dr. Heidi Hanna, Executive Director of the American Institute of Stress.
- The Food Revolution - "Millions of people are sick or dying from diseases that we know how to prevent and that are caused by crappy food — while a few unscrupulous food companies are making billions of dollars marketing the worst foods to children." Interviews conducted by John Robbins, the only son of the founder of the Baskin-Robbins ice-cream empire - he chose to walk away from it and pursue a healthy society. His son, Ocean, is his business partner.
- Microbiome Medicine Summit - "Microbiome" is the new word in health. So what is microbiome? Your greatest ally. The control center of your health. Or better yet, click here. To be honest, I'm looking forward to learning more about it so won't you join me? Interviews to be conducted by Dr. Raphael Kellman, author of The Microbiome Diet.
- That Vitamin Summit 2!!! - Yes, I'm super excited about this summit that starts on May 18, 2017! Everything you've ever wanted to know (and need to know) about vitamins and supplements. Even as a Certified Nutrition Specialist, I struggled with these so I'll be waiting... Interviews conducted by Andrew Saul whose website is "the largest, non-commercial, natural health resource on the internet."
Even though some of these summits have already played, you can still register to learn more about them,to watch a couple of the expert interviews, and can also purchase them with all interviews, transcripts, and a plethora of bonus gifts from the experts (such as ebooks, health courses, mp3s).
Empower yourself to take back control of your body and your life!