Getting Organized: A Fresh New Year!

Getting Organized: A Fresh New Year - Authentic in My Skin - authenticinmyskin.com

I couldn't wait for 2016 to end. Not only was I done with the difficult and unhappy year, but I reached a place where I was done with myself, as well.

As someone who used to be on top of things, the constant disarray and disorganization of my life has truly driven me crazy. I can't get anywhere on time and when I do arrive, I'm usually missing something I need. Like swim trunks for aqua therapy. I mean, really. I've been going to aqua therapy twice a week for a couple of months now, you'd think I'd remember my swim bottoms, but because I am constantly flying out of the door late for my appointments, I inevitably leave something important at home. Every. Single. Week.

Have you ever been there, driving yourself crazy because of all the bad habits you've somehow acquired? Are you so frazzled and forgetful and just exhausted from trying? Are you there now, ready to live a different life, a better life? My dearest friend of 102-years says God isn't done with her yet. "There's life after 100!" she tells everyone, "I'm still growing."

Dear Reader, as long as you have breath in your lungs, there's still hope. And I'm choosing to be hopeful in 2017. I'm choosing to grow and to learn and to live a better life. Are you choosing to live your life differently this year? I'd love to hear from you. Have you already put steps in place to do so or has the idea sounded good, but overwhelming?

It doesn't happen over night. It takes work and planning and discipline, but even though the ball has already dropped, it is never too late to start something new. Over the next little while, I'll be sharing with you my journey to getting organized, changing my habits, and setting goals. By doing so, I hope to encourage you and to give you enough information so you can go out and conquer your part of the world! So stay tuned for the next post in this Getting Organized series.

No comments:

Post a Comment